Since he was a young child, Dave wanted to be a missionary. In 1988, on a short-term trip to Austria, he was convinced that God wanted him to serve there long-term. After graduating Northwestern College and serving as a youth pastor in Brooklyn Park, Dave headed to Innsbruck with the EFCA in 1997. Cathrin, an Austrian girl on teaching mission in Africa that year, became convinced that God wanted her to return to Innsbruck to help reach her fellow Austrians. Dave and Cathrin became close & got married, while working together with the youth group in Innsbruck. Since then, the Osterhuses have served, leading the ReachGlobal Innsbruck team on it's mission of "Mobilizing Austrian Youth for Jesus"
Ministry highlights from 2016:
God gave us a great home assignment in MN!
God used our team to plan & lead 4 weeks of outreach English camps!
God provided Claudia to head up the Lighthouse tutoring ministry and He provided funding to employ her!
God filled the Lighthouse Youth Center with unreached youth!
God used us to start up the Young Leaders Training program with over 20 youth/young adults!
God used Cathrin & Alyssa to mobilize a couple young women to start and lead the "Connect" women's ministry!
God used Cathrin to mobilize and lead the children's ministry team!
God used Dave & Seth to bring some Lighthouse kids to youth group, English Camp and other outreach events!
God used our team to disciple, coach and mentor young leaders!
God used our team to mobilize a team to plan & lead very effective Tiroler Youth Retreats!
God motivated Jakob & Jana to begin reading their Bibles & devotionals and seek the Lord more!
2017-2018 Ministry Goals:
• Effectively lead & coach the ReachGlobal Innsbruck Team in the strength & wisdom of the Spirit.
• Recruit 2-4 more RG Innsbruck team members for ESL & Turkish outreach.
• Plan, recruit/train for and run 3 great outreach English Camps.
• Mobilize a vision & search committee (& future leadership) for the multi-church Innsbruck youth group!
• Mobilize staff & funding for the Lighthouse Youth Center (Director, Tutoring Coordinator, etc.)
• Mobilize Lighthouse Team to develop & implement a strategy for more effective evangelism/discipleship of youth.
• Explore & develop a team strategy for helping Innsbruck churches to become more transformational and multiplicational.
• Find 1-2 people to join church leadership team of E. Free Innsbruck.
• Identify & invest in 3-5 high potential ministry leaders by May 2017 (Strategize/plan with team how who will invest in which of the above identified young leaders
• Co-lead rounds 2 & 3 of Young Leaders Training for young adults in Tirol.
• Coach/encourage youth leaders towards transformational, multiplicational, inclusive youth ministry.
Specific Prayer Requests:
• Pray for Dave & Cathrin, Jakob and Jana to grow in their love for God, each other and others!
• Pray for Dave to be an effective leader & coach for RG IBK Team members & the others !
• Pray for personnel in Innsbruck to do ESL/admin ministry, Turkish outreach and refugee ministry!
• Pray for Dave, Cathrin & team as they disciple/mentor/coach individual youth & young adults!
• Pray for the mobilization of a JIB Future Team, for His vision and plan for youth leader(s)!
• Pray for English Camp speakers, Austrian counselors, SWAT Teams and 3 full Ecamps!
• Pray for the 20+ young leaders participating in Young Leaders Training.
• Pray for continued fruitful relational ministry at Lighthouse with Lernhilfe kids & Friday Night crew!
• Pray for the Lord to give Christian youth group kids His heart for the Lighthouse kids!
• Pray especially for Philip & fam, Abdel, Daniel, Kevin, Felix & Denis to come to faith!
• Pray for additional volunteer staff for the Lighthouse open youth center ministry!
• Pray for “reinforcements” for our church & leadership team (E Free Innsbruck)!
• Pray for Cathrin’s ministry to children & women’s ministry!
• Pray for growing Gospel relationships with neighbors & other village people, esp. Melanie.
We really appreciate the Log Church standing with us to reach & mobilize Austrians for Jesus!
For Dave (& now the whole fam) Crosslake is “da lake up nort’” that has been like a second home for decades!
May the Lord continue to bless you all and bless many through you!